UPDATE: The River Clean Up has been rescheduled to Sunday, May 26th due to wintery weather!
Are you excited for this year's Inglewood River Cleanup? We can't wait for this family fun event. Since 1967, Calgary has been cleaning up the pathways and river around various communities to remove litter and debris.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS? We're celebrating the 52nd anniversary this year. Congratulations Calgary and the amazing volunteers throughout the years! We have Sandra Crawford to thank for creating this amazing initiative back when she was ONLY 12 years old!
We want YOU to be involved again this year. This year's clean up has been rescheduled to May 26th. Clean up will commence at 10 am to 1 pm.
We will be hosting a Volunteer Appreciation BBQ event at the Inglewood Community Association (1740 24 Ave SE) from 1 - 4pm for registered volunteers.
Registration Starts: Monday, April 8th for ICA Members and April 22nd for non-ICA Members. Spots are limited to registrants only for the post-clean up BBQ.
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, May 22nd
When registering, please select the location you would like to clean up. There will be 6 groups of volunteers in the locations listed below:
1. Bow River South Bank West - West of Zoo Bridge
2. Bow River South Bank East - East of Zoo Bridge
3. Nellie Breen Park (child friendly)
4. Colonel Walker School (child friendly)
5. Wildlands - beside Tennis Courts located on 9th Ave (child friendly)
6. Bow River - West Bank - South of 17th Ave Bridge
Every year we are grateful to have amazing sponsors that allow us to make this event more enjoyable. Thank you so much for your generosity :-)
In alphabetical order:
- 88 Brewery
- Blackfoot Truck Stop (http://blackfootdiner.ca/)
- Camp Brand Goods
- Spolumbo's Fine Food and Deli (https://spolumbos.com/)
- Wild Rose Brewery (http://www.wildrosebrewery.com/)
And thank you to the local musicians who perform at the BBQ, to the volunteers who help behind the scenes and to the Inglewood Community Association for hosting the BBQ event.
Remember to hashtag #yyccleans to follow the other volunteers throughout the city.
Thank you and see you all soon,
Gordon, Jen & Rick